What to Expect
A typical home inspection will take about 3 to 4 hours depending on the type of home; an unoccupied one story home on a concrete slab will take about 2+ hours, where an occupied two story home on a crawlspace foundation will take about 4 hours to complete.
Although the home inspection report will include detailed descriptions and color digital pictures of any defects in the home, it is best if you are able to attend the inspection review for a discussion of the findings. You, your agent, the owner/sellers, etc. are all welcome to attend the entire inspection, but should allow the inspector to conduct the home inspection uninterrupted so he can focus on the home. Once the inspection is complete, we can walk through the home with you to discuss any concerns or defects that may be present. If you are unavailable to attend the inspection, the inspection report will be delivered by the end of the next business day to your E-mail account. The reports are well presented, and easy to read and understand. If there are questions, our inspectors are available for phone calls, or can meet you at the home if necessary, to discuss your questions or concerns. The reports are formatted in user friendly HTML format, so no special programs or large file storage space is needed. The reports can easily be forwarded to your agent, and/or the seller or their agent.
Some things that are not included in the inspection:
- Appliances that are not installed (refrigerators, counter-top microwave ovens, etc.)
- Building Code Compliance
- Environmental issues such as Radon, Mold, Lead, etc. (unless specifically requested)
- Systems/components/areas that are not readily accessible or readily visible. (Ask the owner/seller to move all stored items away from walls and doors etc.)
- Systems/components that are “shut down.” (Ask the owner/seller to have all utilities activated and all equipment functional)
- Cosmetic issues (Acceptability is subjective and should be determined by the client)
- Exterior features such as retaining walls, storage buildings, pools, etc. (Unless their condition may effect the building)
- Low voltage systems/components such as: intercom, security systems, antennas, etc.
- Accessory items such as shutters, screens, etc. (unless requested)
See Inspection Agreement for complete list
Ready to get your house inspected? Have our inspectors evaluate your home today!
My clients and I always appreciate your professionalism and integrity. Thank you for being there!
[He] was very polite, professional and showed concern for (what I felt) my safety. He was on time and very thorough with the inspection and the submitted report. He was informative and helpful with all the questions I asked. He would stop what he was doing when I voiced a concern about something totally different, just to address my concern right then and there. And he even Thanked me for pointing it out - even though he probably already noticed it. Yes I would recommend Expert Property Inspections, Inc to my friends, especially if Ken was assigned the job.
[The inspector] is an outstanding professional and is an asset in his field. I recommend EPI to all potential home buyers.
Excellent job and highly recommended.
[The inspector] was very professional and walked me thru things he felt needed to be fixed. I felt like I had knowledge of what was found within my house. I truly appreciate his expertise.
[He] does an awesome job!!! He is very thorough and takes the time to speak with my clients....
Thanks Ken!!! We were extremely happy with both you and Dan!
The inspector did an excellent job and the report was easy to follow. Thank you.
I was extremely pleased with Mike as the inspector. He was very thorough and answered lots of questions of my first time home buyers. I would definitely request him in the future.
Your client (Josefina I.) wanted to say thanks for giving them HomeBinder. Keep up the good work!